Westland Kaas B.V., established in Huizen, the Netherlands, was founded in 1936 by the Westland family. The family own 100% of the company’s shares. Westland Kaas outsources its cheese production to a number of Dutch dairy cooperatives and is the owner of the brands Maaslander, Old Amsterdam, Trenta and Westlite, which have built up a strong position in both domestic and international markets. Westland recently spread its wings into the vegan segment through its WildWestLand brand. Our competitive edge is that we are an original and innovative family-run firm that operates with a great deal of sound Dutch business acumen. Do you like to get the best out of people, teams and yourself? Are you an enthusiastic and dynamic hands-on HR generalist who wants to help us build on our previous successes and make an impact? If so then we would love to hear from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities
You are the first point of contact; you will support, facilitate and coach the employees in all HR-related matters, so that every day our team members can show the best of themselves. In your work, you will be talking a longer-term view, whilst still dealing with the day-to-day HR matters involved in this business.
Your place in our organisation
You will report to the: HR Manager
Here at Westland Kaas, we set great store by collaboration. You will have a great deal of contact with other departments in the organisation, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Inkoop (Procurement), Supply Chain and Customer Service.
Result areas and activities
- Labour market communication: maintaining, optimising & implementing new and existing online labour market communication(s). The regular communication with both the internal and external labour markets and actively building up a network of existing, future and former employees. Actively creating a talent pipeline;
- W&S (Recruitment and Selection): selecting candidates and conducting interviews with them. Actively advising managers/superiors about the candidates;
- Onboarding: helping to organise - and supervising - a smooth onboarding (i.e. induction) process for the new colleagues;
- Acting as the first point of contact for our colleagues in HR-related matters, which include queries about salary, employment conditions, working conditions/arrangements, employment law, (sickness and other) absence and the HR system. You will work autonomously to answer questions and will be giving advice, as well as helping to maintain an involved and positive corporate culture;
- Supervising and (partially) looking after the administrative processes in our payroll system (AFAS). This work includes drawing up contracts, as well as processing contractual changes, extensions, terminations and/or other relevant changes;
- Keeping all necessary personal data and dossiers updated in HR systems;
- Ensuring and advising on the appropriate compliance with the Wet verbetering Poortwachter (Eligibility for Permanent Incapacity Benefit (Restrictions) Act) for ill employees; maintaining contact with external parties such as our Arbodienst (working conditions service) and associated parties and with the UWV (Employee Insurance Agency);
- The drafting and processing of a range of correspondence and the preparation of HR reports;
- Supporting and advising on the coaching and development of team members;
- Evaluating, optimising and updating the relevant HR policy and procedures;
- In collaboration with others, contributing to and/or cooperating on: a wide range of challenging HR projects, as well as the implementation, monitoring and execution of HR policy in such areas as labour market communication, W&S, remuneration policy, commitment, training & development.
Skills and qualifications
- HBO (higher professional education) / WO (university education) in HR or Bedrijfskunde (Business Administration) or other relevant study course;
- 4 to 6 years’ relevant work experience in FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods), Retail or Hospitality;
- Demonstrable expertise within the specialist field HR and up-to-date knowledge of legislation and regulations;
- You are a real ambassador for our values of openness, entrepreneurial spirit, involvement & commitment;
- You are a connector, honourable, organisationally sensitive and very approachable;
- You are organised, work autonomously and efficiently and are good at setting priorities for your tasks and responsibilities;
- You have a critical eye for the smallest details;
- You are proactive, flexible and able to (re)solve ad hoc requests and enquiries;
- You are energised by your building and improving of HR processes;
- Knowledge of and experience with AFAS would be an advantage.
What we can offer you
- A professionally run business with a comradely atmosphere where you are respected as an individual and human being;
- The freedom and space to contribute your own ideas;
- A focus on both personal development and convivial informal activities;
- Great cheese brands that you can be really proud of;
- Our core values: entrepreneurial spirit, openness, involvement and commitment.
Huizen, North Holland region
How to respond
Interested? Then submit your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any more questions about this vacancy, please contact Isabelle Bakker at +31-(0)35-5287501.
No employment agencies please.