Inventory planner Supply Chain
Westland Kaas B.V., established in Huizen, the Netherlands, was founded in 1936 by the Westland family. The family own 100% of the company’s shares. Westland Kaas outsources its cheese production to a number of carefully selected Dutch dairy cooperatives. Westland is the proud owner of the brands Maaslander, Old Amsterdam, Trenta and Westlite, which have built up a strong position in both the domestic and international markets. With a total production volume of over 10,000 tonnes of cheese a year under the above 4 brands and our cheese being sold all over the world, this is one ambitious family-run business.
Westland recently spread its wings into the vegan segment too, through its WildWestLand brand. For many years now, Westland has been inspired by - and has responded to - the demand for a healthy, innovative and amazingly good product.
Tasks and responsibilities
As inventory planner, you are responsible for creating, monitoring and improving the inventory plan & schedule in the short-term (5-week period) in a FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) environment. You will analyse the demand figures from the Sales and Marketing departments for their operational feasibility and translate these into packing orders to be awarded to our external partners. In this regard, what is of primary importance are the activities that are sales promotions, restructurings, launches, our partners’ capacities, and seasonal patterns, because they can affect production plans. As inventory planner, you are the link between the clients’ needs and the options/opportunities offered by the supply chain. You also do this by actively maintaining contacts with our external partners. In addition, you will regularly discuss, consult and coordinate with the various disciplines such as demand planning and customer service within our supply chain.
Tasks and duties
- Organising the JIT (Just In Time) delivery of packaged cheese;
- Responsible for maintaining the desired inventory levels of cheese at different points in the chain;
- Reducing the bullwhip effect in supply chains;
- Coordinating return flows to suppliers;
- Coordinating the packaging and transportation instructions;
- Documenting the supplier performances and arrangements made;
- Ensuring constructive collaboration with suppliers;
- Responsibility for invoicing the various partners for raw material cheeses;
- Proactive tackling of - and taking responsibility for - tasks within the chain.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following qualities:
- HBO (higher professional education) / WO (university education) work level and intellectual ability, with logistics study courses being an advantage;
- Some years of relevant experience in a similar job;
- Understanding of and affinity with logistical and commercial business processes;
- Knowledge of and experience with IT systems, preferably M3 and outperform;
- Outstanding knowledge of and experience with Excel;
- Good written and spoken English and German would be an advantage;
- Numerically capable, accurate and analytical;
- Strong affinity with data management;
- Team player, with a focus on the business, the results and the clients;
- A ‘can do’ mentality;
- Eager to learn and driven.
- Excellent working conditions
- A professionally run business with a comradely atmosphere where you are respected as an individual and human being
- The freedom and space to contribute your own ideas
- A focus on both personal development and convivial informal activities
- Great cheese brands that you can be really proud of
- Our core values: entrepreneurial spirit, openness, involvement and commitment
How to respond
If you are interested then email us your CV with your reasons for applying for the job to email@example.com. You can find detailed information on Westland Kaas B.V. on our website https://www.westlandkaas.nl.