Student department R&D-Sensory
Student department R&D-Sensory 32 - 36 hours a week
For more than 85 years, the family business Westland Kaas has been a trusted name in the global cheese market. We give life flavor and make every dining moment special with our Old Amsterdam, Maaslander and Trenta cheeses. We want to continue to surprise with new taste experiences.
Are you an energetic student, do you know everything about taste profiles and do you dare to take the lead? Within our R&D department we are looking for an intern who can take our sensory panel to a higher level.
Our sensory panel provides reliable sensory data to ensure product quality. In addition, the panel must ensure reliable validation during product development. To improve, we ask you to set up and run new training courses, create a cheese prototype, make a decision tree for the sensory test setup, create missing test setups and set up panel evaluations.
What does your sensory stage look like?Panel lead Panel training Panel monitoring Panel motivation
- Evaluate the current sensory analyzes and set up an improvement plan for these analyses
- Create a prototype suitable for taste and texture analyses
- Proactive search for (technical) solutions
- Management of sensory panel(s) including:
- Panel lead
- Panel training
- Panel monitoring
- Panel motivation
- Education: HBO or WO Food Technology with specialization Sensory or equivalent
- Available for 4 - 6 months for 32 – 36 hours per week, depending on the requirements of your education
- Start in consultation
- You are passionate about data analysis and statistics
- You are constantly looking for opportunities to improve and then want to implement these improvements in the organization
- You are able to independently analyze panel data
- You work structured
- You are proactive and enthusiastic
- You are communicativeYou are not afraid to take initiative and to share your opinion, but you are also certainly open to new insights to further develop yourself
- A challenging internship assignment with the possibility for your own input
- Personal guidance and plenty of room to learn
- A competitive internship allowance
Are you suitable for this challenge? Mail your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)6 455 787 06 for more information.